My co-captain Tracie & I are both survivors of suicide and that just doesn’t go away. I’m very passionate about the cause.
And I’m beyond thrilled to tell you we have been contacted by several other fabulous bloggers who want to get involved in our fundraising for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
In addition, to the good friends (see photos here) who have already dyed their hair blue in celebration of me reaching my personal fundraising goal, we are now growing the group of #bluebloggers!
These wonderful human beings have committed to dyeing their hair blue if Team Purposeful Practices/Motherhood Unadorned raises $5,000 for suicide prevention by October 1st, which is the date of our Out of the Darkness Walk in Seattle.
- Kimberly of All Work & No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something
- Zoie of TouchstoneZ
- Amber of Thrifty Ninja
- Sadie of Randomosity
- Jessica of Punk Rock Momma
- Brooke of Untrained Hair Mom
- Wendy of Super Saver Mama
- Jennifer of Makobi Scribe
- Becky of What You Talking Bout Willis
- Amanda of Midwestern Moms
- Darcy from Tales from the Nursery
- Jamie of Maxwell’s Mommy
- Jen of Life with Levi
- Mimi of Woven By Words
Isn’t that so AWESOME!?!?
Currently our team has raised $2,149. You can help us reach our team goal of $5,000 by donating to ANY of the team members you will find on THIS Fundraising Page. Any amount is fantastic! And your donation is 100% tax deductible.
Plus you’ll get all of the lovely ladies above closer to blue! (I am loving mine. Its such a great conversation starter about mental health and suicide prevention, and I just LOVE that.)
This is a very worthy cause. Over 35,000 people in the U.S. alone die each year by suicide, and worldwide it’s estimated at one million lives lost. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is at the forefront of research, education and prevention initiatives designed to reduce loss of life from suicide.
- Laura (@Greek_Momma) of Greek Momma: Her walk is Sept 18 and her Fundraising Page is HERE. If she raises $500, she is getting blue streaks in her hair.
- Jenna (@Frelle) of Resonance: Her walk is Oct 16 and her Fundraising Page is HERE.