Who’s excited to see Disney Planes?!
It flies into theaters tomorrow! Friday, August 9th.
On Monday night the kids and I had the chance to see an advanced screening of Planes in 3D. The 92-minute film is a spin-off of the Cars/Cars 2 worlds. We are huge Cars movie fans, so were thrilled to get to see this movie before its in theaters. In fact, Ronin and Ellie already knew their favorite Planes characters because they’ve been watching video snippets inside of Angry Birds Toons.
Ellie’s favorite is of course the pink plane Rochelle. 🙂
Planes did not disappoint!
Even with the late-night time of the screening (its started at 7pm) the kids were so engaged, and Ronin immediately said as we walked out “I want to see it again!”
I truly enjoyed it as well. I do love a great animated movie, always have. But this one really spoke to me with such fun characters and a fantastic message.
Here’s a basic summary of the plot:
“Disney’s Planes” is an action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure featuring Dusty (voice of Dane Cook), a plane with dreams of competing as a high-flying air racer. But Dusty’s not exactly built for racing—and he happens to be afraid of heights. So he turns to a seasoned naval aviator who helps Dusty qualify to take on the defending champ of the race circuit. Dusty’s courage is put to the ultimate test as he aims to reach heights he never dreamed possible, giving a spellbound world the inspiration to soar.
I don’t want to spoil anything for you, but I can say without a doubt, I think Disney Planes is a perfect movie for kids of all ages. Some of my favorite parts include:
- The main character, Dusty Crophopper is a genuinely nice guy. He’s giving and kind, and its truly wonderful to see that he’s rewarded for his generosity. Such a great message to share with our kids.
- The film is action packed right from the start, so it kept me and the kids thoroughly engaged.
- The supporting characters are entertaining, and feature the voices of some truly amazing actors including Julia Louis-Dreyfus, John Cleese, Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards and Brad Garrett.
- The film features a race around the world and hits some wonderful cities and landmarks to share with our kids.
- The 3D was awesome! Its the first time my kids saw a 3D movie (I’ve always been worried about them being afraid or not wanting to wear the glasses) but they really enjoyed it and liked wearing the glasses.
So who’s going opening weekend!?
Disclosure: We received tickets to the advanced screening of Disney Planes. All opinions are my own.