Isn’t it a huge pain to style your hair everyday? I have color treated hair (damn you gray roots!) and right now it is super long. I love it, but I keep debating chopping it, especially this time of year with the cold and damp weather because it takes forever to dry.
Until recently, the alternative to hacking it off has been saving time by not drying it fully. And that is bad news during cold season … and even more bad news if I take a heat styling product to it, which I’ve been known to do.
But I truly feel better and more confident when my hair is actually done. It lifts my mood, and makes me feel pulled together and more beautiful. Yeah, I know, it shouldn’t matter. But it does to me. It’s the little things I do to take care of myself and yes, even my appearance, that stave off feeling frumpy.
So I wanted to share my solution, because like me I’m sure you don’t have 30-plus minutes to dry and style your hair everyday. I recently started using the Infiniti Pro by Conair® 3Q™ Brushless Motor Hair Dryer. This thing seriously reduces drying time (the package says up to 70%) even at the lower settings. I can dry in less than half the time and do my everyday hairstyles a lot faster.
So what do I do? After shampoo and conditioner the texture of my hair is a wavy mess as you can see, and I want to just demolish the frizz.
My go-to everyday look is sleek and smooth, and here’s how I achieve it:
- Put a nickle size amount of Argan oilin my palm, rub together and through hair. Argan oil is known to smooth out frizz.
- Begin drying at the roots using the dryer’s concentrator attachment. I have so much hair that I just separate my hair with my hands to begin the drying process at the high heat/low power setting.
- Once the roots are dry, I clip up the top half of my hair.
- Then using a flat brush (mine is a Conair® Velvet Touch Paddle Brush) I blow dry the hair in sections.
- After the bottom layer is dry, I then repeat the same process with the top layer.
- As you can see below, the hair is pretty smooth just using the flat brush and hair dryer. I could never had done that with my previous hair dryer. I always had to use a flat iron to destroy that frizz. I definitely have seen an improvement, and don’t need to use the harsh heat of the flat iron quite as often or long.
- I recently cut bangs for my Halloween costume, and I’m really not a fan of them. So using a bobby pin, I clip them up for the finished daytime look.
And now for the fun part. Date night!
I literally never curl my hair. It would normally take a century and with a traditional curling iron it just wouldn’t hold. The first time I saw the Infiniti Pro by Conair® Curl Secret® was back in May at a conference, and I was amazed. I didn’t get to try it out at the time but I saw several of my colleagues get beautiful girls in just minutes.
Check this out, in under 2 minutes using the Curl Secret, this is me. I’ve never had curl like that except for those perm years back in high school. And that is just the beginning.
- Clip up the top half of your hair and begin using the Curl Secret on the bottom layer of your hair. Section hair in 1/2 to 1-inch strips. Hold out straight as shown and place into the device, which when closed will smoothly draw the hair into the curling mechanism. If you put in too much hair it will let you know by stopping. (See my video below!)
- Once the bottom layer is curled, repeat process with the top layer of your hair.
Check out my short YouTube video demonstrating how easy it is to create curls in minutes.
I just love the way this turned out! A perfect date night or ladies night out hairdo if I do say so myself. I #HeartMyHair!
I am so happy to have found an easy way to curl my hair. I’m usually pretty one-note when it comes to hairstyles so finding a simple tool that makes such a nice impact is great. It makes me feel so very confident and attractive. And let me tell you at almost 41, anything that makes me feel sexy is a damn good thing.
Of course 30 seconds after I got home with the box, Ellie wanted me to try to curling her hair.
Do you feel more confident when you style your hair?